– Today’s scheduled bullpen sessions:
Group 1: Jeff Karstens, A.J. Burnett, Kevin Correia, Charlie Morton
Group 2: Justin Wilson, Bryan Morris, Rudy Owens, Jared Hughes
Group 3: Logan Kensing, Kyle McPherson, Gerrit Cole, Daniel Moskos
Group 4: Jeff Locke, Duke Welker, Mike Crotta, Tim Wood
–I took videos of Correia, Karstens pen, as well as the Hughes and Owens bullpens. I’ll post the videos later. For those who have been having trouble trying to watch them, I’m going to start uploading to my YouTube page instead. I will relink all of the bullpen videos so far from camp later on today.
– I chatted with reliever Evan Meek and catcher Michael “The Fort” McKenry this morning. Those stories will be up later today. As I mentioned yesterday, Meek looks to be in great shape and he’s feeling healthy.
– While watching the Pirates bullpens, I noticed Manny Sanguillen’s influence on the catchers. McKenry and Tony Sanchez were catching Karstens and Correia and Manny said he likes to encourage them during the sessions. Talk about getting a boost from a former great catcher.
– Josh Harrison saw time at shortstop today, and both Nick Evans and Matt Hague were at third during batting practice. Also during BP, Hague hit back-to-back bombs out of the field to left. One of them actually hit the palm tree and a piece fell off.
– Andrew McCutchen arrived to Pirate City this morning. Positions players are scheduled to report by Thursday, and their first official workout is Friday. I tweeted earlier today that only infielder Chase d’Arnaud was not at PC yet. But outfielder Gorkys Hernandez, infielder Anderson Hernandez and infielder Gustavo Nunez (DL) have yet to join as well.